CATALOG AVAILABLE NOW
888 Auctions catalog consists of 430 lots up for auction:
Paintings & Textiles: Lot 1-56
Money: Lot 57-229
Snuff Bottles: Lot 230
Stone: Lot 231-262
Nephrite: Lot 263-298
Jadeite: Lot 299-323
Jewellery, Gems, Watches and Medals: Lot 324-379
Metalware: Lot 380-395
Ceramics: Lot 396-424
Wood and Natural History: Lot 425-426
Furniture & Miscellaneous: Lot 427-430
Monday, November 20: 11AM-6PM
Tuesday, November 21: 11AM-6PM
Wednesday, November 22: 11AM-6PM
Thursday, November 23: 11AM-1PM
- Lot 46: Norval Morrisseau 1931-2007 Acrylic on Canvas Lot 46: Norval Morrisseau 1931-2007 Acrylic on Canvas
- Lot 193: 1912 Szechuan 1 Dollar NGC AU-Details L&M-366 Lot 193: 1912 Szechuan 1 Dollar NGC AU-Details L&M-366
- Lot 194: 1934 Republic 1 Yuan Silver Coin NGC UNC Details Lot 194: 1934 Republic 1 Yuan Silver Coin NGC UNC Details
- Lot 195: 2006 Chinese Silver 10 Yuan Panda Coin NGC MS-67 Lot 195: 2006 Chinese Silver 10 Yuan Panda Coin NGC MS-67
- Lot 197: 1915 Austro-Hungarian 20 Corona Gold (.900) Ducat Lot 197: 1915 Austro-Hungarian 20 Corona Gold (.900) Ducat
- Lot 253: Fine Rare Tianhuang Stone Carved Dragon Boulder Lot 253: Fine Rare Tianhuang Stone Carved Dragon Boulder
- Lot Chinese Extremely Rare Imperial Dragon Seal Da Qin Lot Chinese Extremely Rare Imperial Dragon Seal Da Qin
- Lot 364: Pear Cut 33.15 CT VVS Top White Sapphire 16 x 22mm Lot 364: Pear Cut 33.15 CT VVS Top White Sapphire 16 x 22mm
- Lot 371: Vintage Longines Unisex Dress Watch Lot 371: Vintage Longines Unisex Dress Watch
Chinese Coins, World Numismatics & Asian Art Feature Heavily at Winter November 23 Auction at 888 Auctions
Richmond Hill, ON – Chinese numismatics feature heavily at 888 Auctions’ November 23 sale. Featuring 430 fresh-to-market items with estimates ranging from a few hundred to thousands of dollars, this auction features something for everyone. As we approach the holiday season, interested buyers and collectors will be pleased to find this sale heavily featuring some unique collectibles, most notably some rare Chinese coins and numismatic items perfect as a holiday gift.
The featured lots of the auction are a plethora of quality coins. From that offering of coins, many of them are Chinese coins hailing from before the Republic Period of China. These offerings can be found at the following lots:
Provincial silver dollar coins from the Republic Period are quite rare in comparison to other numismatic items and collectors will be delighted to choose from a variety of graded and ungraded coins in this auction. Modern coins minted by the People’s Republic of China also feature in this auction in the form of Lot 195, a 2006 Chinese Silver 10 Yuan Panda Coin. Carrying a high estimate of $600 the mint state coin is graded MS67 and is a fine example of a coin that carries value that far exceeds its spot price.
Another coin garnering interest can be found at Lot 197, a 1915 Austro-Hungarian 20 Corona Gold (.900) Ducat. The Austro-Hungarian 20 Corona Gold, which is in proof-life state and excellent condition, is expected to achieve its high estimate of $750.
Modern paintings continue to be a strong mainstay at 888 Auctions. Despite the emphasis on numismatic items, this auction features several paintings that retain excellent value for the discerning collector. These lots can be found at the following lots:
Chinese scholar’s items such as seals are an excellent glimpse into China’s illustrious history and artistic past. Collectors can possess a piece of history (or catch a glimpse into the past) when they encounter two particular lots of exceptional quality:
Keeping with the holiday spirit, coins are not the only collectibles suitable for gifting during the holidays. Precious gemstones and vintage watches are also a sight to behold. Lot 364 features a brilliant Pear Cut 33.15 CT VVS Top White Sapphire 16 X 22mm and carries a high estimate of $600. Lot 371 features a Vintage Longines Unisex Dress Watch in fine working condition, carrying a high estimate of $800.
For auction previews, visit the gallery floor at 888 Auctions. The viewing period is as follows: Monday, November 20 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Tuesday, November 21 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.; November 22 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.; and just before the auction on November 23 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.