CATALOG AVAILABLE NOW
888 Auctions catalog consists of 412 lots up for auction:
Paintings & Textiles: Lot 1-102
Snuff Bottles: Lot 103-112
Stone: Lot 113-137
Nephrite: Lot 138-157
Jadeite: Lot 158-192
Jewellery, Gems and Watches: Lot 194-279
Ceramics: Lot 280-324
Stamps: Lot 325-334
Metalware: Lot 335-354
Wood: Lot 355-369
Furniture & Miscellaneous: Lot 370-392
155 Nov 9, 2017
Monday, November 06: 11AM-6PM
Tuesday, November 07: 11AM-6PM
Wednesday, November 08: 11AM-6PM
Thursday, November 09: 11AM-1PM
- Lot 152: Chinese 18/19 C. Imperial Hetian Green Jade Seal Lot 152: Chinese 18/19 C. Imperial Hetian Green Jade Seal
- Lot 181: Imperial Green Jadeite Bangle with Certificate Lot 181: Imperial Green Jadeite Bangle with Certificate
- Lot 328: 1868-1870 Canada Small 2 Cents Error Stamp Lot 328: 1868-1870 Canada Small 2 Cents Error Stamp
- Lot 353: Chinese Tang Gilt Camel Musician w/ Zhenguan Mark Lot 353: Chinese Tang Gilt Camel Musician w/ Zhenguan Mark
- Lot 67: Salvador Dali 1904-1989 Spanish Acrylic & Gouache Lot 67: Salvador Dali 1904-1989 Spanish Acrylic & Gouache
- Lot 75: Martin Johnson Heade 1819-1904 American Oil Canvas Lot 75: Martin Johnson Heade 1819-1904 American Oil Canvas
- Lot 81: Antoni Tapies 1923-2012 Spanish Oil Canvas Framed Lot 81: Antoni Tapies 1923-2012 Spanish Oil Canvas Framed
- Lot 84: David Hockney b.1937 British Oil on Canvas Framed Lot 84: David Hockney b.1937 British Oil on Canvas Framed
- Lot 92: Sam Francis 1923-1994 Abstract Composition Lot 92: Sam Francis 1923-1994 Abstract Composition
David Hockney Featured in Modern Art, Jewelry & Asian Art Auction November 9
Richmond Hill, ON – A David Hockney oil on canvas and a slew of modern paintings feature heavily in 888 Auctions’ Modern Art, Jewelry & Asian Furniture auction on November 9, 2017. Furthermore, with the drop in temperature and the mad dash towards the holiday season, 888 Auctions is proud to feature a quality offering of jewelry and Asian art for the discerning collector.
54 Modern paintings lead the way in the November 9 sale. Highlighting the list of paintings is Lot 84, a David Hockney (b. 1937) oil on canvas painting featuring quite possibly the most famous of his subjects: the swimming pool of Los Angeles. The infamously bewitching allure of Hockney’s swimming pools is captured quite neatly in this framed painting bearing the British artist’s signature, Lot 84 is expected to surpass its high estimate of $20,000.
Another modern painting featuring a rather simple subject can be seen at Lot 75, a Martin Johnson Heade oil on canvas. Known for his panoramic paintings of tidal wetlands ranging from Massachusetts to New Jersey, Lot 75 features the end of a day with the dawning sun. Bearing the signature of Martin Johnson Heade and measuring 9.5 inches by 17 inches, it features an $8,000 high estimate.
A low key Salvador Dali painting finds its home at Lot 67 and features an acrylic and gouache on board. Lot 67 features a surrealist painting of a shrimp, standing astride a column on which a perched eye peers at the viewer. Signed Salvador Dali on the left lower corner and measuring 13.5 inches by 18 inches, Lot 67 carries a $6,000 high estimate.
Other lots featuring acclaimed modern paintings can be found at the following lots:
From the selection of jewelry offerings, bidders will be pleased to find the inclusion of Lot 179, an Imperial Green Jadeite Bangle with GIA Certificate. Featuring a translucent emerald green and apple green tone with very few cloudy occlusions and accompanied with an appraisal certificate, this natural Grade A jadeite shows no indications of impregnation, treatment or polymer. Weighing in at 54.10 grams with a density of 3.31, this jadeite carved bangle features a $50,000 high estimate. A bangle of similarly exceptional quality was also featured at 888 Auctions in its January 17, 2013 Fine Chinese Furniture & Asian Works of Art sale with a realized final price of $50,000.
In keeping with the holiday spirit, fine pieces of earrings, necklaces, and rings can be found at the following lots:
Asian art continues to hold steady on the market particularly with items of exceptional quality and rarity. Lot 152 features an 18th or 19th Century Imperial Hetian Green Jade Carved Seal. Bearing six Chinese characters in seal script on seal face and weighing 1,005 grams, lot 152 carries a $125,000 high estimate.
Another lot garnering significant interest appears to be Lot 353, a Chinese Tang Gilt Camel Musician w/ Zhenguan Mark. The auspicious looking camel figure is in exceptionally well preserved condition and bears the four-character mark Da Tang Zhen Guan mark on the belly of the camel. Standing nearly 78 cm tall, lot 353 commands a $300,000 high estimate.
For auction previews, visit the gallery floor at 888 Auctions. The viewing period is as follows: Monday, November 6 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Tuesday, November 7 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.; November 8 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.; and just before the auction on November 9 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.