CATALOG AVAILABLE NOW
888 Auctions catalog consists of 400 lots up for auction:
Paintings & Textiles: Lot 1-102
Snuff Bottles: Lot 103-114
Stone: Lot 115-137
Nephrite: Lot 138-160
Jadeite: Lot 161-186
Jewellery, Gems and Watches: Lot 187-268
Ceramics: Lot 269-319
Money & Stamps: Lot 320-357
Metalware: Lot 358-374
Wood & Natural History: Lot 375-390
Furniture & Miscellaneous: Lot 391-400
Monday, October 9: 11AM-6PM
Tuesday, October 10: 11AM-6PM
Wednesday, October 11: 11AM-6PM
Thursday, October 12: 11AM-1PM
- Lot 84: Joaquin Torres-Garcia 1874-1949 Uruguayan WC Lot 84: Joaquin Torres-Garcia 1874-1949 Uruguayan WC
- Lot 91: Zinaida Serebriakova 1884-1967 Russian Oil Board Lot 91: Zinaida Serebriakova 1884-1967 Russian Oil Board
- Lot 155: Chinese Fine Hetian White Jade Carved Dragon Head Lot 155: Chinese Fine Hetian White Jade Carved Dragon Head
- Lot 160: Chinese Han Period Imperial Jade Burial Suit Lot 160: Chinese Han Period Imperial Jade Burial Suit
- Lot 178: Imperial Burma Green Jadeite Bangle Certified A Lot 178: Imperial Burma Green Jadeite Bangle Certified A
- Lot 192: 18k White Gold Green Jadeite and Diamond Pendant Lot 192: 18k White Gold Green Jadeite and Diamond Pendant
- Lot 247: Adrienne Vittadini Women's Watch and 3 PC Bangles Lot 247: Adrienne Vittadini Women's Watch and 3 PC Bangles
- Lot 255: Emerald Cut 29.54 CT Pigeon Blood Red Ruby 18 x 13 Lot 255: Emerald Cut 29.54 CT Pigeon Blood Red Ruby 18 x 13
- Lot 292: Chinese Rare Porcelain Dragon Jar with Tian Mark Lot 292: Chinese Rare Porcelain Dragon Jar with Tian Mark
- Lot 328: Chinese Large Silver Coin 100 Yuan w/ Certificate Lot 328: Chinese Large Silver Coin 100 Yuan w/ Certificate
- Lot 344: 1920s US Franklin 1 Cent Stamp Cancellation Mark Lot 344: 1920s US Franklin 1 Cent Stamp Cancellation Mark
- Lot 368: Chinese 16/17 Century Silver Plated Bronze Buddha Lot 368: Chinese 16/17 Century Silver Plated Bronze Buddha
Modern Paintings, Jadeite Bangles Headlines 888 Auctions’ October 12 Auction
Richmond Hill, ON – The middle of the autumn season brings forth another auction featuring Modern Paintings, Jadeite Bangles, and Asian Art October 12th. Consisting of 400 fresh-to-market items, an eclectic selection of modern paintings, jade carved items, jewelry, porcelain ceramics, and bronze statues are expected to achieve outstanding prices.
Headlining the modern paintings category are several standout pieces. One piece stands above the rest however: Lot 91, a Zinaida Serebriakova (1884-1967) Russian Oil Board featuring a still life painting of fruits, flowers and vases. Measuring at 31 inches by 24 inches, this Serebriakova piece is expected to exceed its high estimate of $12,000. Collectors will also be pleased to know the inclusion of Lot 94, a Framed Walter LeBlanc (1932-1986) Belian Oil on Board painting. Signed by the Belgian artist and measuring 10 inches by 10 inches, this lot commands a high estimate of $8,000.
Other notable modern paintings of interest to the discerning collector can be found at the following lots:
Quality jade carved works of art continues to be in strong demand at 888 Auctions and buyers will find several pieces of interest. Lot 155, a Fine Chinese Hetian White Jade Carved Dragon Head, is an excellent example of a finely carved Hetian white piece featuring a carved dragon head that is decorated with auspicious designs in relief. It carries a $12,000 high estimate. Another excellent piece can also be found at Lot 160, a Chinese Han Period Imperial Jade Burial Suit. Comprised of rectangle green jade carved plaques and featuring an ensemble set of a mask, gloves, and footwear and adorned with two curved amulets in relief, this unusual funerary burial suit carries a conservative high estimate of $10,000.
Two lots over any other however have been garnering tremendous interest from collectors and dealers at 888 Auctions. The first, Lot 178, an Imperial Burma Green Jadeite Bangle commands a high estimate of $24,000. It features a GIA gemologist certificate and is of exceptional emerald green tone. The second, Lot 192 is an 18k White Gold Jadeite and Diamond Pendant. The eggplant-carved jadeite pendant is set with diamonds and is expected to surpass its high estimate of $20,000.
Although buyers may be reluctant in collecting porcelain ceramics due to the oversaturated state of the market, bidders are still seeking rare and quality ceramics from 888 Auctions. Lot 292 fits the bill; the Rare Chinese Porcelain Dragon Jar features a globular body with cover and is painted with mythical beasts flying across cresting waves. The porcelain jar commands a high estimate of $20,000.
From the numismatics category, coin collectors will be hard to miss Lot 328, a Large Chinese 100 Yuan .999 Fine Silver Coin. The obverse side shows the Great Wall of China, and the reverse side shows a pair of dragons in antithetical position chasing a flaming pearl in low relief. The coin contains 12 ounces of pure silver and hails from a limited mintage of 3,000 pieces. Accompanied with a Certificate of the Dragon Year Silver Coin and contained in its original packaging, Lot 328 is expected to garner significant competition and exceed its high estimate of $6,000.
Clients of 888 Auctions will be pleased to know Lot 328 will be a harbinger for future auctions showcasing quality numismatic coins and banknotes. Collectors and dealers are encouraged to enquire with 888 Auctions for future auctions and consignment opportunities. Looking ahead, 888 Auctions continues to implement ways of authenticating quality items and coins are no exception. For analysis and valuations, 888 Auctions can provide hassle-free service and access to its network of dealers and buyers.
For auction previews visit the auction house. The gallery floor will be open Monday, October 9th from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Tuesday, October 10th from 11a.m. to 6 p.m.; Wednesday, October 11th from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and just before the auction on Thursday, October 12th from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.