CATALOG AVAILABLE NOW
888 Auctions catalog consists of 409 lots up for auction:
Paintings: Lot 1-105
Snuff Bottles: Lot 106-112
Stone: Lot 113-134
Nephrite: Lot 135-157
Jadeite: Lot 158-184
Jewellery, Gems and Watches: Lot 185-244
Ceramics: Lot 245-295
Money & Stamps: Lot 296-340
Metalware: Lot 341-358
Wood: Lot 359-378
Furniture & Misellaneous: Lot 379-400
Monday, September 18: 11AM-6PM
Tuesday, September 19: 11AM-6PM
Wednesday, September 20: 11AM-6PM
Thursday, September 21: 11AM-1PM
- Lot 77: Xu Beihong 1895-1953 WC Certified by Liao Jingwen Lot 77: Xu Beihong 1895-1953 WC Certified by Liao Jingwen
- Lot 105A: Joan Miro 1893-1983 Spanish Oil Stretched Canvas Lot 105A: Joan Miro 1893-1983 Spanish Oil Stretched Canvas
- Lot 154: Chinese Fine Hetian White Jade Carved Boat Lot 154: Chinese Fine Hetian White Jade Carved Boat
- Lot 177: Burma Green Jadeite Carved Bangle GIA Certficiate Lot 177: Burma Green Jadeite Carved Bangle GIA Certficiate
- Lot 238: Roots Tuff Unisex Silicone Strap Watch Lot 238: Roots Tuff Unisex Silicone Strap Watch
- Lot 276: Chinese Song/Yuan Period Geyao Porcelain Vase Lot 276: Chinese Song/Yuan Period Geyao Porcelain Vase
- Lot 306: Pair Chinese Silver Yuanbao (Boat) Money Lot 306: Pair Chinese Silver Yuanbao (Boat) Money
- Lot 314: 1898 Canada Christmas 2 Cents Stamp with Error Lot 314: 1898 Canada Christmas 2 Cents Stamp with Error
- Lot 347: Chinese Cloisonne Bronze Phoenix Vase Xuande Mark Lot 347: Chinese Cloisonne Bronze Phoenix Vase Xuande Mark
- Lot 382: 19th Century French Jarossay & Cie Clock Working Lot 382: 19th Century French Jarossay & Cie Clock Working
Collection of Chinese Paintings Lead the Way in September 21 888 Auctions
Richmond Hill, ON – September 21st marks the first auction of the busy autumn season and collectors can look forward to a 409-lot sale featuring an eclectic variety of fine antiques as well as rare items and collectibles at its Chinese Estate Paintings, Jewelry & Asian Works of Art sale. The theme of this auction is an enticing grouping of Chinese paintings hailing from an estate.
Leading the way is lot 105A featuring the Spanish surrealist artist, Joan Miro (1893-1983). The oil on canvas painting features a fantastical scene or abstract figures and signed by Joan Miro. Measuring 19.5 inches x 28 inches, it commands a high estimate of $20,000.
Another headlining painting, lot 77 features a Xu Beihong (1895-1953) watercolour on paper painting featuring two horses drinking water from river. Inscribed with one artist seal and accompanied with an authenticity certificate written by the wife of Xu Beihong, Liao Jingwen (as well as a photograph featuring her inspection of the painting), lot 77 carries a high estimate of $25,000.
Not to be outdone by the paintings category, this auction’s collection of jade is sure to be noticed by discerning collectors of this precious stone. Lot 154 features a finely carved Hetian white jade carved boat. Carrying a high estimate of $8,000, the boat features three fishing figures and is carved on stone of translucent milky white tone.
Another item that has caught the interest of collectors can also be found at lot 177, a Burma green jadeite carved bangle. Accompanied with a GIA certificate and of emerald green tone, it carries a high estimate of $20,000.
Other items of interest can be found at the following lots:
Preview will be held Saturday, September 16th, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m; Monday, September 18th from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Tuesday, September 19th from 11a.m. to 6 p.m.; Wednesday, September 20th from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and just before the auction on Thursday, September 21st from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
888 Auctions continues to expand both its selection, variety, and breadth of items offered monthly. With an ever-growing client list of buyers and sellers, 888 Auctions continues to fulfill collectors’ insatiable appetite for interesting and quality fresh-to-market items. For those interested in consigning with 888 Auctions, please contact the auction or call the auctioneers at 905-763-7201.