CATALOG AVAILABLE NOW
888 Auctions catalog consists of 413 up for auction:
Paintings: Lot 1-85
Snuff Bottles: Lot 86-100
Stone: Lot 101-130
Nephrite: Lot 131-152
Jadeite: Lot 153-177
Jewellery, Gems and Watches: Lot 178-265
Ceramics: Lot 266-320
Money & Stamps: Lot 321-350
Metalware: Lot 351-369
Natural History & Wood: Lot 370-394
Furniture & Miscellaneous: Lot 395-413
Saturday, July 15: 11AM-4PM
Monday, July 17: 11AM-6PM
Tuesday, July 18: 11AM-6PM
Wednesday, July 19: 11AM-6PM
Thursday, July 20: 11AM-1PM
- Lot 167 Burma Fine Green Jadeite Carved Bangle Lot 167 Burma Fine Green Jadeite Carved Bangle
- Lot 180 1.05ct Diamond & 0.65ct Diamond Ring CRV 000 Lot 180 1.05ct Diamond & 0.65ct Diamond Ring CRV 000
- Lot 184 1.45ct Blue Diamond Ring with Music Box CRV00 Lot 184 1.45ct Blue Diamond Ring with Music Box CRV00
- Lot 185 1.65ct Diamond Solitaire Ring CRV500 Lot 185 1.65ct Diamond Solitaire Ring CRV500
- Lot 258 Geneve Ladies Watch with 1.92ct Single Cut Diamond Lot 258 Geneve Ladies Watch with 1.92ct Single Cut Diamond
- Lot 286 Chinese Famille Rose Gilt Porcelain Revolving Vase Lot 286 Chinese Famille Rose Gilt Porcelain Revolving Vase
- Lot 32 Qi Baishi 1864-1957 Watercolour Long Hand Scroll Lot 32 Qi Baishi 1864-1957 Watercolour Long Hand Scroll
- Lot 326 Chinese Large Silver Coin 100 Yuan w/ Certificate Lot 326 Chinese Large Silver Coin 100 Yuan w/ Certificate
- Lot 329 1868-1870 Canada Small 2 Cents Error Stamp Lot 329 1868-1870 Canada Small 2 Cents Error Stamp
- Lot 336 Rare Error British 2 Pence Stamp Lot 336 Rare Error British 2 Pence Stamp
- Lot 365 Chinese Tang Style Bronze Buddha Statue Lot 365 Chinese Tang Style Bronze Buddha Statue
888 Auctions Set to Sparkle with July 20 Sale
Richmond Hill, ON – With the summer in full swing, 888 Auctions is set to introduce a 413-lot collection highlighting a unique and eclectic combination of Diamonds, Watches, Stamps and Asian Art at its July 20 sale.
Headlining the auction are two remarkable rarities from 888 Auctions’ growing stamps and numismatics category. Featured at Lot 329, an extremely rare Canada 2 cents double side print error stamp (1868-1870) the error is in the unusual form of a double sided print. Hailing from a local Toronto private collector, lot 329 commands a high estimate of $60,000. Following closely behind is Lot 336, a very rare British 2 pence error stamp. The stamp features an “L” that is missing in the lower left corner. Lot 336 features in this auction with a $25,000 high estimate.
The numismatics category is well represented and is headlined by the inclusion of Lot 326, a Large Chinese Silver Coin 100 Yuan. The large Chinese silver coin was produced by the China Mint Company and meant to commemorate the Dragon year, 1988. The obverse side features the Great Wall with the reverse side featuring a pair of dragons chasing flaming pearl in low relief. Containing 12 ounces of pure silver with a limited mintage of 3,000 pieces and accompanied with a Certificate of Dragon Year Silver Coin and in its original packaging, the 408-gram coin is expected to surpass its high estimate of $6,000.
Leading the way in the watches category is Lot 258, a Geneve Ladies Watch with 1.92ct Single Cut Diamond. Dazzling with a stamped 14k yellow gold Quartz watch, it is set with original custom set diamond case and bracelet. It continues to bear its original white dial with polished hour markers and certified with a replacement value of $19,800. Lot 258 carries a high estimate of $12,600.
From the jewellery category, three items are sure to impress July 20. They can be found at the following lots:
Lot 180: 1.05ct Diamond & 0.65ct Diamond Ring (High Estimate: $5,400)
Lot 184: 1.45ct Blue Diamond Ring with Music Box (High Estimate: $4,500)
Lot 185: 1.65ct Diamond Solitaire Ring (High Estimate: $7,200)
Paintings and ceramics continue to remain steadfast staples at 888 Auctions and although the market for Chinese works of art continues to steady itself, collectors continue to seek high quality fresh-to-market items. For instance, Lot 32 features a painting by the master, Qi Baishi (1864-1957). The painting features a painting of fruit, insects, flowers and birds and inscribed with four artist seals. The long hand scroll commands a high estimate of $8,000. From the ceramics category is Lot 286, a Chinese Famille Rose Gilt Porcelain Revolving Vase. Lot 286 is comprised of an exterior vase and interior vase and is painted with floral and leafy pattern Bearing a six-character Qianlong mark on base it is expected to surpass its high estimate of $8,000.
Other lots headlining July 20 can be found at the following lots:
Taking pride in providing unparalleled accessibility to all items of the July 20 catalogue, specialists will be on hand to provide accurate up-to-date information directly on the gallery floor or by email and phone.
Preview will be held Saturday, July 15th from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m; Monday, July 17th from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Tuesday, July 18th from 11a.m. to 6 p.m.; Wednesday, July 19th from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and just before the auction on Thursday, July 20th from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
For all the latest updates, don’t forget to join 888 Auctions’ subscription mailing list. Consignments continue to be accepted for future auctions 888 Auctions. Please contact the auction house or call the auctioneers at 905-763-7201.