CATALOG AVAILABLE NOW
Paintings & Textiles: Lot 1-82
Stone: Lot 83-128
Nephrite: Lot 129-181
Jadeite, Jewellery & Watches: Lot 182-274
Ceramics: Lot 275-366
Money & Stamps: Lot 367-379
Metalware: Lot 380-401
Wood & Natural History: Lot 402-425
Saturday, January 7: 11AM-5PM
Monday, January 9:11AM-6PM
Tuesday, January 10: 11AM-6PM
Wednesday, January 11: 11AM-6PM
Thursday, January 12: 11AM-1PM
- Lot 33: Huang Binhong 1865-1955 Watercolour Hand Scroll Lot 33: Huang Binhong 1865-1955 Watercolour Hand Scroll
- Lot 79: 18/19th C. Chinese Emperor's Dragon Robe w/ Collar Lot 79: 18/19th C. Chinese Emperor's Dragon Robe w/ Collar
- Lot 111: Chinese Shoushan Stone Carved Dragon Seal Lot 111: Chinese Shoushan Stone Carved Dragon Seal
- Lot 139: Chinese White Jade Carved Bird Pendant Lot 139: Chinese White Jade Carved Bird Pendant
- Lot 209: Chinese Green Jadeite Bangle w/ Clasps Lot 209: Chinese Green Jadeite Bangle w/ Clasps
- Lot 229: 14kt Gold Emerald & Diamond Ring CRV29 Lot 229: 14kt Gold Emerald & Diamond Ring CRV29
- Lot 324: Fine Song Dynasty Carved Qinbai Porcelain Vase Lot 324: Fine Song Dynasty Carved Qinbai Porcelain Vase
- Lot 375: Chinese Large Bronze Coin Xianfeng Tongbao Lot 375: Chinese Large Bronze Coin Xianfeng Tongbao
- Lot 401: Chinese Small Bronze Buddha Figure Lot 401: Chinese Small Bronze Buddha Figure
- Lot 406: Chinese Old Nut Carved Necklace Lot 406: Chinese Old Nut Carved Necklace
- Lot 420: Chinese Zitan Carved Brush Pot Lot 420: Chinese Zitan Carved Brush Pot
888 Auctions Starting New Year with Fine Jewelry and Chinese Antiques
Richmond Hill, ON – January 12, 2016 marks the first auction of the new calendar year of 2017 and will feature a collection of Fine Jewelry and Chinese Antiques. 427 fresh-to-market items will be available to the discerning collector particularly for those who are interested in quality paintings, jade, porcelain ceramics, bronzeware, jewelry and stone carvings.
Ceramics of exceptional quality continue to be in top demand and this auction is fortunate to include Lot 324, a Fine Song Dynasty Carved Qinbai Porcelain Vase. The body is of meiping form and is carved with lotus petals. Overall, the vase is applied with pale bluish-green Qinbai glaze and it has been garnering incredible interest on the gallery floor. It is expected to surpass its modest high estimate of $10,000.
Although the holiday season is over, buyers need not be disappointed when perusing this month’s auction at 888 Auctions. The inclusion of Lot 229 – a brilliant 14kt Gold Emerald & Diamond Ring – may be the standout piece of the auction. The 14k white gold emerald diamond ring is set with 1.60ct natural emerald and a 0.25 ct natural diamond. It is expected to seize above its high estimate of $7,000.
Another lot which has been garnering plenty of inquiries has been Lot 79, an 18th/19th Century Chinese Emperor’s Dragon Robe with Collar. This finely woven robe features worked in gold-wrapped thread and gold paper strip elements with nine contorted dragons amidst rolling waves at the hem. Pictures do not capture the quality craftsmanship of the Emperor’s Dragon Robe. Estimated at $20,000, this lot has the potential to generate considerable excitement on auction day.
An 888 Auctions would not be complete without a quality ink brushwash watercolour painting. Lot 33 continues 888 Auctions’ longstanding tradition of offering quality paintings. Lot 33 is a Huang Binhong 1865-1955 Watercolour Hand Scroll and commands a high estimate of $8,000.
Other lots that are of interest to collectors can be found at the following lots in our catalogue:
888 Auctions continues to stand by its reputation for quality and excellence. When possible, the auction house will continue to provide ways of authenticating antiques and certifying certain items in order to ease the concern of buyers and collectors. Bidders can bid with supreme confidence at 888 Auctions.
Bidding online has never been easier. As a result, 888 Auctions is proud to feature a new online bidding platform in its continued commitment to collectors. As Canada’s premier auction house specializing in decorative arts and antiques, the new bidding platform allows for the auction house to charge a 20% Buyers Premium to the advantage of all buyers instead of the 22% from previous auctions.
888 Auctions’ bidding platform goes beyond simply recreating a digital version of the print catalogue. All items are searchable in the field box. In addition, specific lots can be shared amongst friends through social media. Viewing items and sharing it with friends and family has never been easier.
All items of the January 12th auction will be on display for the discerning collector. Specialists will be on hand to provide accurate up-to-date information. 888 Auctions recognizes the importance of making an informed decision; the gallery floor will be available to all interested parties prior to the start of the auction.
Preview will be held Saturday, January 7th from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m; Monday, January 9th from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Tuesday, January 10th from 11a.m. to 6 p.m.; Wednesday, January 11th from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and just before the auction on Thursday, January 12th from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
888 Auctions continues to accept consignments for future auctions. Please contact the auction house or call the auctioneers at 905-763-7201