CATALOG AVAILABLE NOW
888 Auctions catalog consists of 403 fine antique items:
Paintings and Textiles: Lot 1-95
Snuff Bottles: Lot 96-104
Stone: Lot 105-125
Nephrite: Lot 126-144
Jadeite: Lot 145-189
Jewellery, Gems and Watches: Lot 190-245
Ceramics: Lot 246-307
Money & Stamps: Lot 308-328
Metalware: Lot 329-360
Natural History & Wood: Lot 361-374
Furniture & Miscellaneous: Lot 375-403
Saturday, June 24: 11AM-4PM
Monday, June 26: 11AM-6PM
Tuesday, June 27: 11AM-6PM
Wednesday, June 28: 11AM-6PM
Thursday, June 29: 11AM-1PM
- Lot 67 Jean-Michel Basquiat 1960-1988 American Mixed Media Lot 67 Jean-Michel Basquiat 1960-1988 American Mixed Media
- Lot 70A: Guy Wiggins NA 1883-1962 American Oil Framed Lot 70A: Guy Wiggins NA 1883-1962 American Oil Framed
- Lot 78: David B.Milne 1882-1953 Canadian Watercolor Framed Lot 78: David B.Milne 1882-1953 Canadian Watercolor Framed
- Lot 83: Pablo Picasso 1881-1973 Vollard Suite Etching #1 Lot 83: Pablo Picasso 1881-1973 Vollard Suite Etching #1
- Lot 166: Burma Fine Green Jadeite Bangle w/ GIA Certificate Lot 166: Burma Fine Green Jadeite Bangle w/ GIA Certificate
- Lot 167: Burma Fine Green Jadeite Bangle w/ GIA Certificate Lot 167: Burma Fine Green Jadeite Bangle w/ GIA Certificate
- Lot 232: 7.25ct Green Natural Columbian Emerald Certified Lot 232: 7.25ct Green Natural Columbian Emerald Certified
- Lot 237: 7.00ct Oval Cut Red Star Thailand Ruby Certified Lot 237: 7.00ct Oval Cut Red Star Thailand Ruby Certified
- Lot 268: Chinese Blue and White Porcelain Vase Chenghua Mark Lot 268: Chinese Blue and White Porcelain Vase Chenghua Mark
- Lot 321: Chinese Silver Boat Money with Xianfeng Mark Lot 321: Chinese Silver Boat Money with Xianfeng Mark
- Lot 356: Chinese Gilt Bronze Thinking Guanyin Statue w/ Mark Lot 356: Chinese Gilt Bronze Thinking Guanyin Statue w/ Mark
- Lot 403: 8 PC Chinese Fine Red Wood Furniture Set Lot 403: 8 PC Chinese Fine Red Wood Furniture Set
Paintings, Jade, Jewelry & Asian Art Auction Featured on June 29
Richmond Hill, ON – Hitting the halfway mark of the year, 888 Auctions is proud to feature fresh-to-market items including paintings, jade, jewelry, stone carved antiques, and ceramics at its June 29 event: PAINTINGS, JADE,JEWELRY & ASIAN ART.
Among the highlighted lots of the auction are two outstanding paintings. Lot 67 features an abstract self-portrait of Jean-Michel Basquiat (1960-1988) Mixed Media on paper. Framed, signed on back with a crown sketch attributed to Jean-Michel Basquiat, this piece, dated 1984 and measuring 7.5 inch x 10.25 inch is expected to surpass its high estimate of $20,000. The second standout piece from the paintings category can be found at Lot 70A, an oil on canvas painting by Guy Wiggins NA (1883-1962). This American painting is framed and features his signature impressionistic style featuring the busy wintery streets of New York. This painting, measuring 41 inch x 49 inch, commands a high estimate of $12,000.
Other paintings highlighted in the auction can be found at the following lots:
Headlining the jade category are two lots that have garnered significant interest from discerning collectors over the few weeks it has been on display. Lot 166 features a Fine Burma Green Jadeite Carved Bangle accompanied with a GIA Certificate weighing at 50 grams, the bangle carries a $20,000 high estimate. Likewise, Lot 167 also features a Fine Green Jadeite Carved Bangle accompanied with a GIA Certificate. It too also carries a $20,000 high estimate.
888 Auctions continues to diversify its offerings and as many collectors have noted, gems have become a popular category to browse through. In particular, there are two lots considered standout pieces in the auction. Lot 232 features a 7.25ct Green Natural Columbian Emerald with certification carrying a $300 high estimate; Lot 237 features a 7.00ct Oval Cut Red Star Thailand Ruby with certification carrying a $300 high estimate.
Other featured lots for the discerning collectors can be found at the following lots:
888 Auctions continues to stand by its reputation for quality and excellence and continues to look for new ways of authenticating antiques and certifying precious items so that our bidders can bid with supreme confidence on auction day. Additionally, due to its prestige in offering high quality and fresh-to-market items, 888 Auctions continues to increase its presence in a number of different categories. Stay tuned for pleasant surprises to come in the near future.
Preview will be held Saturday, June 24, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m; Monday, June 26 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Tuesday, June 27 from 11a.m. to 6 p.m.; Wednesday, June 28 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and just before the auction on Thursday, June 29 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Bidding can be done by telephone or by internet and reserving an auction paddle is as easy as giving the auction house a call or an email at 888auctions.com. Additionally, 888 Auctions continues to accept consignments for its future auctions. Please contact the auction house or call the auctioneers at 905-763-7201.